I remember when I was in High School, my best friend and I would go strawberry picking together every June. It was our way of de-stressing during exams. Truth be told, I don’t recall what we did with all of the strawberries. Perhaps my Mom used them to bake her famous Strawberry Bread with Strawberry Butter and her delicious Strawberry Freezer Jam.
I have continued on this tradition with my children by taking them every year to our local strawberry patch to pick strawberries. They love it so much, I think they would be happy to stay and pick strawberries all day long. This year, the Ontario strawberry crop was so bountiful, we actually went picking twice! I must share with you my trick for keeping strawberries fresh, but that is for another post.
Today, I would like to share with you a Strawberry Muffin recipe that I have created. We picked enough strawberries in order for me to make four different versions before I came up with this one, that I would like to share with you today.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and strawberries in one bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla in another bowl.
- Gently stir together wet and dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix.
- Bake muffins in a muffin tin at 375 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.