1 cup pastry flour OR 1 cup minus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Tbsp icing sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped cherries
2 eggs well beaten
1 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp almond flavouring and a little cherry juice
- Mix the base ingredients and press into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix together filling ingredients and pour over cooked base.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Once squares have cooled, mix icing ingredients together and ice squares.