I will be honest with you, when I first heard that this gluten free chocolate cake was super moist and delicious, I wasn’t sure what to think because it contained QUINOA. I’m honestly not a huge fan of quinoa, but you cannot taste it in this cake, not even a little bit!
You know when you find a recipe that you love so much that it becomes your “go to” recipe? I have another chocolate cake recipe that was my “go to” recipe, but I have since then discovered this one and I’m in love!
This gluten free chocolate cake is moist, delicious and a must try!
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract,
- 3/4 cup · melted and cooled butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp · baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, let it simmer, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand for another 10 minutes (after cooked, you can let cool, put the lid on and place in fridge until you’re ready to make the cake).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a bundt pan.
- Mix the milk, vanilla, and eggs in a blender. Add and blend in the cooked quinoa and melted, cooled butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the bowl and stir until mixed together.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan before serving.
Thank you to Yee Wittle Things for the inpsiration, a fellow blogger whom I love and respect.
If sugar free is your thing instead of gluten free, please feel free to try out this Sugar Free Chocolate Banana Cupcakes – this recipe was made and discovered by accident, but am I ever glad that I left out the sugar by mistake!