I’m always on the hunt for recipes for healthy granola bars.
I love baking my own muffins, cookies and bars for snacks. The fact that recipe is a no bake healthy oatmeal granola bars recipe is an added bonus.
My kids LOVE to eat granola bars and often they don’t want to stop at just one. Knowing exactly what ingredients are in the bars that they eat make me feel much better about what they are consuming for snacks.
I found this recipe for No Bake Healthy Oatmeal Power Cookies that I have changed slightly to create No Bake Healthy Oatmeal Granola Bars! I have made a few changes to this recipe and am very pleased with the results.
These bars are so simple to make and take hardly any time.
The most challenging part is waiting for them to set in the refrigerator!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a pot on medium heat until fully melted and combined.
- Add oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds and cinnamon and stir well.
- Pour into a square pan (8x8) and refrigerate for approximately an hour until hardened.
You could always add other seeds or dried fruit to this mixture to make a different version.