This Shortbread Cookie Recipe is so easy to make and the cookies always turn out delicious!
You can serve these cookies plain OR they can be decorated in a variety of ways including holiday sprinkles, maraschino cherries or chocolate!
Shortbread is one of my all time favourite types of cookies!
- 1 cup Natrel lactose free or organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar to a creamy mixture.
- Gradually add the cornstarch. Beat well.
- Beat and blend in the flour until very smooth mixture.
- Drop by small tsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 275 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.
NOTE: Edges should NOT brown (that means they are over done). Baking Shortbread cookies to perfection really is an art. It has taken me years to perfect it, so be patient with yourself as you learn.
And now for the even more news…for those of you who have loved ones or friends who are lactose intolerant OR who prefer to eat organic, Natrel has come out with lactose free as well as organic butter.
Natrel Lactose free butter – – The first lactose free butter available on the Canadian market only contains two natural and high-quality ingredients: lactose free cream and sea salt. This butter made by Agropur is available in 250g in Quebec, Ontario and the Atlantic provinces. This is very good news for all lactose intolerant Canadians.
Natrel Organic butter – Made by Agropur with only two natural and high-quality ingredients: cream, from dairy farms that follow organic farming principles, and sea salt. It is available in 250g in Quebec and Ontario.
Shortbread can be enjoyed in many different ways!
This post has been generously sponsored by Natrel. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced in any way.