As some of you may know, I have been educating others in ways that they can radically reduce the use of chemicals in their homes. With this job, I visit other people’s homes to meet their friends and family and share with them ways that they can achieve this. What this means is that I leave hubby with the kids on weekends or weeknights.
A few weekends ago, I came home to homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Not only were there freshly baked cookies, but there were smiling faces, a unique recipe written by my daughter on a piece of paper and photos of the cookies waiting for me in dropbox. Yes, my family knows me! They know that I love to create new recipes to share with you and that I am ALWAYS taking photos of food. These cookies honestly are some of the best I have ever had and they are super easy to make. My daughter did the majority of the work on her own! Well, let me clarify….my hubby created the recipe, my daughter wrote it out and mixed the ingredients and hubby baked them.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough spaced out on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten gently with a fork (you can press the fork in flour first so that it doesn’t stick).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes.