Earlier this week, I published my Simple Apple Crisp Recipe for you to try out. Peach crisp is another wonderfully easy dessert to make. All it takes is a bit of labour to peel the peaches and it can be thrown together in a matter of minutes after that. There is no trick to baking it, other than burning it (just keep your eye on your oven after 20 minutes have passed), there really is NOTHING that you can do wrong with this dish.
So if you aren’t a baker and would like to try a dessert, this would be your dish to try! OR if you are a baker, like me and you love a good fruity dessert, you cannot go wrong with an Easy Peach Crisp!
Peaches are difficult to peel without losing too much of the fleshy part so I have a trick for you that makes Peeling Peaches SO much easier! I advise you start on that post and then come back here to make the dessert!
- 1 basket of peaches (approximately 8 peaches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and slice peaches. Place in a bowl and stir in 1/3 cup sugar. Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a strainer, drain the peaches and reserve 1/4 cup of the “juice”.
- Mix the cornstarch, 1 tsp flour, lemon juice, and vanilla with the peach juice and add to peaches. Stir to combine.
- Place peaches into the bottom of a baking dish (I used an 8×8 square dish).
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle over top of peaches.
- Take small bits of softened butter and place dabs on top of the topping, being sure to evenly distribute the butter.
- Bake At 350 for 30-35 minutes. Topping will be slightly browned and peaches will be bubbling.
First, be sure to see how to easily Blanch and Peel peaches.