School Supplies Essentials

Earlier this week, I shared the opportunity to download a free printable to help you get organized for back to school. Today, I’m going to talk about shopping for school supplies.

I will admit that I am a Dollar Store junkie! I could spend hours in a dollar store browsing up and down each and every aisle. I think my children have developed the same dollar store addiction that I have because they are more than happy to join me whenever I announce that I have to visit “the dollar store”.

I’m so excited that Dollar Tree recently came to our city! I find the selection at Dollar Tree to be incredible and I love how the store is organized. Dollar Tree has a great selection of brand name items too.

Every single item at Dollar Tree is $1.25!

Back to School Dollar Tree

When I take my children shopping for school supplies, I am going to have them each make a list first. This not only provides them with another opportunity to continue practicing their penmanship skills, but it also allows them to take responsibility for their own needs and teaches them a valuable life skill. It also means that they will not get too distracted while shopping for their school supplies, because we have gone to Dollar Tree with a purpose. There are just so many fun items that often catch our eyes.

Do you enjoy shopping for School Supplies?
Do you take your children with you or do you do the shopping for them?

This is a sponsored post.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to School Supplies Essentials

1. DARLENE W says:

Have always shopped at the $ store for school supplies, just watch what you buy

2. Cheryl Grandy says:

I love Dollar Stores and browsing the aisles – never know when you’re going to find something wonderful!

3. Mel Borhi says:

Doller tree has some great deals and its awesome most doller stores carry name Brand items now .

4. Jennpup says:

We love our Dollar store – I can even get shoes for my toddler 🙂 Great tips – thanks!!

5. Heidi C. says:

We went school supply shopping today and managed to get all our required items for even less than a dollar at Staples!

6. Darlene Schuller says:

oh gawd.. something else to think about .. honestly not that I forgot about school.. I guess ur post just helped me clue in just how close it is…. I feel like such a mess and so unorganized…lol

7. DARLENE W says:

Cant go wrong with a Dollar store

8. Kirsten G. says:

My kids don’t get excited for school supplies. I do that part of the shopping alone. I do take them along for their indoor shoes to get their feet measured and to ensure that the shoes fit properly.

9. ajnernberg says:

I don’t have to shop for school supplies anymore, as our boys are finished school, but when they were attending dchool, I always took them shopping for school supplies. I found that If they chose it, they looked after it. I enjoy shopping at the Dollar Store. I find more and more people seem to be shopping there. Our youngest son (now 23, even tells his dad he should be going there to shop.

10. kathy downey says:

I don’t have to shop for school supplies anymore and I do not miss it !

11. DARLENE W says:

Just picked up some pencil crayons for the grandkids, miss it

12. Laurie P says:

This is the first year in many that I do not have to do the shopping. My 16 yr old is doing his own. Until my 2yr old is older….