When my husband and I first lived together, we rented a basement apartment. The majority of the floor space was carpeted and a vacuum became a necessity. My inlaws had recently purchased a Bissell vacuum and swore by it, so we did the same thing. I still remember the first test that we did with it by cleaning the floors with the little mini vacuum that we had and then seeing all of the dirt and dust being lifted out of the carpet right before our own eyes. It was the very first bagless vacuum that I had ever owned or even used and I loved it. That vacuum has now seen better days. It has been used to clean up many messes and I have been testing out the Bissell Multi-Surface Expert Vacuum to see if it will replace our older vacuum.
I haven’t used a canister vacuum before, and I have to say that it definitely does have its advantages, like it isn’t as heavy during use. This vacuum has what I would call extreme suction power. Check out the dry rice spill that it cleaned up with ease:
I found the vacuum extremely easy to put together, especially considering that is typically a job that I save for my hubby. I also enjoy the easy of use of this particular vacuum including the adjustable height on the wand and the easy push cord retractor and power button. The swivel feature on the head allows for easy cleaning around all of the MANY obstacles that exist in my house.
While this particular vacuum is meant for Multi-Surfaces, do note that it doesn’t not have a beater bar. Having said that, however, the suction power is exceptional! We had a liquid spill on our couch this week and after I had what I thought was successfully patted out all of the liquid, poured baking soda on it and set it in the sun to dry for 2 hours, this vacuum sucked up more liquid that had settled deeper into the foam of the cushion. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I noticed that it had sucked liquid to the surface AND had vacuumed up the baking soda with ease. Do note that this vacuum is not meant for wet spills!
Bissell Multi-Surface Expert Vacuum Specs:
as taken directly from the Bissell website
- Retails Cost – $179.99
- combines high suction power with advanced cyclone technology
- features a 1-Clic™ integrated tools system
- Advanced multi-cyclonic technology
- Multi-level filtration – helps reduce household allergens
- No loss of suction*
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver under and around furniture
- Ergonomically designed loop handle for comfort
- Robust telescopic square extension wand – Great reach and durability
- Automatic Cord Rewind – Long 23ft cord
- 70″ crush resistant and highly flexible hose
- Easy empty dirt tank with large capacity – 2.5L
- Great for carpets and hard – floors change in one simple step
- Easy access filter – pivoting crown for easy cleaning
- Easy reach foot controls – power and cord rewind buttons easily pressed with feet
- Quiet operation
*Tested per IEC 60312-1 with multiple dust loadings, results within accepted tolerance of 5%