This post is written as part of a journey inspired by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s My Healthy Weight Action Plan, an online tool geared towards helping you live a healthier life. Feel free to get caught up on previous posts: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15
|Start Weight: 190 pounds||Starting BMI: 28.9|
|End of Week 1: 185 pounds||End of Week 1 BMI: 28.1|
|End of Week 4: 179 pounds||End of Week 4 BMI: 27.2|
|End of Week 8: 175 pounds||End of Week 8 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 11: 175 pounds||End of Week 11 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 14: 175 pounds||End of Week 14 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 15: 174 pounds||End of Week 15 BMI: 26.5|
My goal is to reach a normal BMI which would be 24.9 (the top of what is considered a “normal” BMI) at 164 pounds and from there, I plan to reassess.
Many people have been asking what my “trick” is with regards to my weight loss! I would like to spend a bit of time explaining exactly what I have been doing.
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation Online Tool was my starting point.
- I’ve changed my water in take (check out this week’s post about water).
- I’ve cut back on portion sizes.
- I make sure to never feel hungry (lots of smaller meals and snacks).
- I have increased my protein.
- I have decreased my carbohydrate intake.
- I have watched my “refined sugars” intake.
- I am eating healthier in general (more fruits, vegetables, lean protein, water).
- I have become slightly more active (I am still working on this!).
- I have found a supportive community of women who are doing the same thing as me. This helps more than you can imagine! Join us here in our Facebook Group: Moms Getting Healthy Together
- I have tried to make a life change instead of following a “diet”.
By using the Online Tracking Tool available FREE by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, I am able to easily track (by hand or online) the foods that I eat, the times that I eat and the breakdown of how items from each category I consume in a meal or day. The My Healthy Weight Action Plan Tool has helped to motivate me and guide me to becoming a healthier individual.
Here are some Blog Hops if you are interested in checking them out:
- Adventures in Miscellany
- Canadian Coupon Mom
- City Mom
- Kat’s Confessions
- Little Miss Kate
- My Little Review Corner
- Pampered Patty
- Sober Julie
- Whispered Inspirations
Ok, your turn. Tell me what one of your “staying healthy” challenges was this week!
Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM’s Disclosure for more details.