Here are the stats to show my progress in my "Get Healthy Challenge":
|Start Weight: 190 pounds||Starting BMI: 28.9|
|End of Week 1: 185 pounds||End of Week 1 BMI: 28.1|
|End of Week 2: 183 pounds||End of Week 2 BMI: 27.8|
|End of Week 3: 182 pounds||End of Week 3 BMI: 27.7|
|End of Week 4: 179 pounds||End of Week 4 BMI: 27.2|
|End of Week 5: 179 pounds||End of Week 5 BMI: 27.2|
|End of Week 6: 176 pounds||End of Week 6 BMI: 26.8|
|End of Week 7: 176 pounds||End of Week 7 BMI: 26.8|
|End of Week 8: 175 pounds||End of Week 8 BMI: 26.6|
My goal is to reach a normal BMI which would be 24.9 (the top of what is considered a "normal" BMI) at 164 pounds and from there, I plan to reassess.
This week, by the recommendation from Pampered Patty, I checked out an online workout. I had been putting off doing this type of a workout, because in the past, I have found them so difficult that it simply turned me right off. However, last Monday, I just dove right in and gave it a try. I learned a few things:
- It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
- My body is REALLY out of shape.
- I felt really GOOD after exercising!
- Don't underestimate the good pain that you feel the next day after a good workout!
Each workout lasted approximately 20 minutes and the activity was somewhat vigorous!
I also played Dance Central and Dance, Dance Revolution on the Xbox Kinnect with my family!
Healthy Eating Update
Cutting up veggies ahead of time and storing them in a container in my fridge works for me! Yay!
I also found this Green Envy Daily Detox at Costco. I am taking a larger dose first thing every morning for 7 days and then I will take a smaller daily dose every day from then on. It actually doesn't taste *too* badly, better than I thought it would and if you add it to a smoothie, you can't notice it at all. There are 25 different vegetables and herbs in this product, so I definitely know that I am getting a good variety of healthy food.
Heart and Stroke "My Healthy Weight Action Plan" Update:
I am continuing to use the FREE online Heart and Stroke Foundation My Healthy Weight Action Plan Tool in order to track the food I am eating, plan my meals and set goals.
This past week, my focus was to get to know The Goal Tool better. I revisited this tool and I found myself using the "To Do This Week" section in my daily tracking sheet to create some daily goals for myself. This did make my goals more tangible.
I searched through the Heart and Stroke Foundation's Recipes and found a great breakfast recipe called Rise and Shine Breakfast Sandwich that I am going to have to try!
This Week's Challenges:
- I broke down and had a glass of wine when we went out to dinner this week. I don't feel guilty for it, but I do feel guilty for having more than one bite of the sinful dessert!
- Getting enough sleep. I'm still feeling quite tired lately.
This Week's Smiles:
- YAY! I did a new workout and it felt great.
- I made a list of good and healthy snacks to have this week so that when I was hungry or craving something, I had options.
- I have found myself three people who are interested in walking with me! Now we just need the weather to start cooperating with us!
Goals for Next Week:
- Try to do the online exercise routine 3 times plus engage in other physical activity like Dance Central or DDR.
- Find some more healthy recipes for dinner options.
Check out some more healthy recipes I've found:
Brussel Sprout and Broccoli Slaw
Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake (Breakfast)
Breakfast "Grab and Go" Cookies
Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes
Sweet and Sour Roasted Chickpeas
Here are some healthy recipe websites and blogs that I referred to this week:
- Eat Yourself Skinny
- Mairyln Smith: Healthy Cooking Seasoned with Laughter
- Canadian Coupon Mom
- Kat's Confessions
- Little Miss Kate
- My Little Review Corner
- Pampered Patty
- Sober Julie
- Whispered Inspirations
- Adventures in Miscellany
Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM's Disclosure for more details.