Here are the stats to show my progress in my "Get Healthy Challenge":
|Start Weight: 190 pounds||Starting BMI: 28.9|
|End of Week 1: 185 pounds||End of Week 1 BMI: 28.1|
|End of Week 4: 179 pounds||End of Week 4 BMI: 27.2|
|End of Week 8: 175 pounds||End of Week 8 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 13: 180 pounds||End of Week 13 BMI: 27.4|
My goal is to reach a normal BMI which would be 24.9 (the top of what is considered a "normal" BMI) at 164 pounds and from there, I plan to reassess.
This is very difficult (and embarrassing) for me to write this week AND even harder to see those numbers. You read correct, I am up 6 pounds from last week. How is this even possible?!
Here are my reasons:
- It's the time of month where my body naturally retains water - I'm hoping that it is retaining 6 pounds worth, but something tells me that is a false hope.
- It was a VERY stressful week around here for me and when I'm stressed, I tend to eat. This must change. I would love to change it to exercise!
- I made some bad food choices.
- I didn't exercise much.
- It was Easter.
- We went away and eating away from home is always difficult.
- We ate out a lot and unfortunately I didn't stick to just salads.
- When I start seeing my progress disappear, I get discouraged, this stresses me out and then the vicious cycle begins.
- Did I mention it was Easter and that means lots of chocolate temptations!
So, it's Monday morning (I usually write this on Fridays) and I am starting fresh. The weekend is over. We are back home and I will start my healthy living again. I will exercise. I will use the FREE online Heart and Stroke Foundation My Healthy Weight Action Plan Tool and I will get back on track. I admit that I didn't use the tool at all last week and I am now paying for it. The tracking tool must become my best friend - I truly believe now (after spending a week away) that I need that tool to "stay on track". No pun intended of course.
Off I go to drink some water, track the food I've had this morning (I started my day with a small bowl of oatmeal) and think some positive thoughts. Oh AND I am also off to recruit my amazing supporters because I need their help and their encouragement! Last week, in desperation, I started a Facebook Group where Moms who are on a similar "getting healthy" challenge can chat together about their goals, successes and challenges. Would you like to join us? Check it out here.
Have you had this happen to you? Have you started a healthy journey and moved backwards for a week or more? Did you overcome your hurdle? How did you do it?
This Healthy Challenge is NOT a diet for me, I am trying to make it a Lifestyle Change and after what happened this past week, I have learned why.
Here are the Blog Hops if you are interested in checking them out:
- Adventures in Miscellany
- Canadian Coupon Mom
- Kat's Confessions
- Little Miss Kate
- My Little Review Corner
- Pampered Patty
- Sober Julie
- Whispered Inspirations
Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM's Disclosure for more details.