Foodie Friday: Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake (Recipe)

Thanks to my friend, @LauralDawn, I tried out this amazing recipe the yesterday. I’ve made a few small changes to the original recipe and am so excited to be adding this to our breakfast repertoire. For breakfast, I had 4 strawberries, 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1/2 of one of these “cakes”. Yummy!

Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake from Chocolate Covered Katie

The cake serves one – but I split mine in half.

Here are my changes to the original recipe.

1. I only put in 1 tsp of maple syrup and it tasted perfecto (and I have a HUGE sweet tooth!
  2. I only added a pinch of salt – next time I will try none.
  3. I used milk as the liquid of choice.
  4. I put in only 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips.
  5. I put in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon – for its health benefits and taste.
  6. I couldn’t get a huge crisp on mine, but I broiled at the end on low. Next time, I will try high like Katie suggests.
  7. Be sure to really grease your ramkins well!

See the following link for more specific Nutritional Information using Katie’s original recipe.

Pin It

Check out Multi-Testing Mommy’s Giveaways

Toy Clearance Sale at chapters.indigo.ca!

26 Responses to Foodie Friday: Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake (Recipe)

1. Gingermommy says:

Perfect on a cold winter day I bet

2. Mommy Red says:

Looks delicious! Would be wonderful this morning seeing as it so cold and snowing outside!

3. oohh I wish I had ramkins, they are adorable!

4. Stephanie says:

OMGosh!! This looks amazing and so perfect for a snowy weekend:)
    Thanks for sharing:)

PS Following now!

5. Rachel says:

Not only does it sound delish, it looks great too! Would be a great dish to serve at a brunch

6. This looks yummy! I just made apple crisp earlier this week, I am definitely going to try this recipe over the weekend! Thanks for sharing.

7. Oh this looks good! I will have to try this one out.

8. seriously craving this now! It looks amazing.

9. OMG. I want one. I think I will make this weekend. I’m such a sucker for oatmeal. 😀 Thanks for sharing. *homer drool*

10. C says:

What a great idea! I’ll be sure to try this one out! Thanks so much for sharing!

11. Like Gingermommy said…perfect for a snowy winter day. Thanks!

12. mrs.shopper says:

The list of ingredients looks good to me but I would skip out the choc chips and add some grounded sunflower seeds + nuts. This is something like oatmeal but cooked. A great idea!

13. I am SO trying this soon! Sounds amazing, and like the perfect treat that Little Man and I can share 😀

14. I love oatmeal so I will be trying this one out for sure!

15. Awww I love your post!!

I especially love the chocolate chip peeking out :).

You’re such a sweetheart, and your blog is adorable too!

16. Annie1 says:

what a great recipe & healthy to boot! I haven’t had breakfast yet so this has made me hungry haha

thanks

RAFFLECOPTER
    NAME
    is
    Anne Taylor

17. Tammy D says:

I love oatmeal, I have this recipe saved to my favorites to try! Thanks for sharing!

18. Look delicious what a great breakfast idea going to have to make this for breakfast for the kids and I.

19. jopfoh says:

my kids are going to love this thanks for the post

20. Treen Goodwin says:

Sounds DELISH , Thanks for sharing 🙂

21. Eldon Lai says:

Great breakfast and brunch idea!

22. kristen visser says:

omg this is my first time seeing this and i am in heaven! sounds delicious and cannot wait to try it out

23. suzquiz says:

oh my the family will love this one

24. Debbie White-Beattie says:

This will be a hit at my house and I love how healthy it is. I also like the chocolate chips although I might and berries in there at some point.