Here is a picture of my son helping to prepare a pumpkin for making pumpkin puree:
This Pumpkin Cake is honestly the most moist cake I think I’ve ever had! And, if it doesn’t get eaten up first, it stays moist for quite a good length of time too. It also freezes quite well. Treats in a school lunch perhaps?
2 cups freshly pureed pumpkin (can use canned if you prefer)
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat pumpkin, sugar and oil. Add eggs. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir to mix. Add to pumpkin mixture and beat well.
- Pour batter into greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan (or you can make cupcakes).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack (in the pan); cover with a towel after about 15 minutes of cooling.
This recipe has been adapted from here.