These Healthy Granola Bars are kid and Mom approved and can easily become a school friendly snack too! Oh, and an added bonus, they take less than 10 minutes to throw together and a quick bake in the oven. This Mama can wake up at 6:30 in the morning, and have the breakfast cookie version on the table for 7! Yes, I feel like I wear a super Mom cape sometimes! I am not ashamed to celebrate those rare moments and you shouldn’t be either!
This Healthy Granola Bar recipe can be actually made in three ways: bars, squares or cookies.
AND the beauty is, the kids enjoy the variety, but can enjoy the healthy options for breakfast, lunch or a snack.
You can truly create this recipe into anything you want. Use this recipe as a guideline. Feel free to add a variety of dry ingredients (and when you discover a favourite combination, be sure to come back here and let us all know!).
- 2 cups oats (I prefer large flake)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any other type of milk you have on hand or prefer)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Optional Extras: dark chocolate chips, raisins, dried fruit, chopped nuts, seeds, chia seeds, 1 scoop of protein powder
- To make this in one bowl, here is what I do:
- Mash bananas
- Add vanilla, milk and applesauce – stir together.
- Add oats and any extras you choose – stir together.
- Put into a square pan, a cookie sheet or a silicone mini bar pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
These yummy, healthy treats don’t last very long in our household. But, they can be stored in an airtight container for a few days. You can even freeze them to throw into last minute school lunches.
If you’re looking for a No-Bake version, feel free to check out these healthy snack bites.