The warmer weather is coming and I don’t know about your kids, but mine LOVE a cold treat on a warm day! We don’t tend to keep ice cream in the freezer because it is just too tempting and not a healthy option. BUT, my daughter and I have discovered a healthy cold treat that is easy to make, healthy and delicious! A perfect combo that is welcome in my freezer any time.
Let me tell you about our Homemade Probiotic Frozen Yogurt creation.
You can make this delicious treat in three easy steps:
- Pour some plain or vanilla yogurt, a handful of frozen fruit (we chose blueberries) and a splash of liquid (we used almond milk) and a spoonful of Orange Naturals Probiotic Powder into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Use a hand blender to mix up the ingredients until smooth.
- ENJOY your Homemade Probiotic Frozen Yogurt treat!
My daughter and I had so much fun making this healthy creation together. Having fun together in the kitchen is a wonderful way to spend some quality time with your child AND to educate them about healthier food choices.
A different spin on this would be to freeze yogurt into ice cubes and put them with liquid into a traditional blender (I love my Vitamix for this job!). The outcome would be a super thick smoothie that has a frozen yogurt like texture. DELICIOUS!
What fruit would be your favourite choice when you make this Homemade Probiotic Frozen Yogurt?
You can add Probiotic Powder to just about anything. It doesn’t have a taste and can easily be added to any liquid or wet food.
The benefits of a probiotic powder are:
- It helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora
- It supports a healthy intestinal tract
- It reduces the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea
They also have an awesome newsletter full of health tips, tricks, recipes, and more, geared towards you and your family.