I LOVE lasagna! It’s a good thing, because I married into an Italian family! I have had many different spins on lasagna over the years and have enjoyed every single one of them! I will admit that I have never tried a seafood lasagna because I’m not a seafood/fish type of gal, but I’ve had many other varieties.
Today, I’m sharing with you Snack Girl’s version of Zucchini Lasagna!
Doesn’t it look delicious?
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 (25-ounce) jar tomato sauce, no cheese or sugar added (such as marinara sauce)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire- roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 7 or 8 slices
- 6 no-bake lasagna noodles
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Mix the ricotta, Parmesan, and egg in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Pour 1 cup of the tomato mixture into a 9 × 13 × 2-inch casserole. Layer all of the zucchini slices over the sauce.
- Dollop half the ricotta mixture over the zucchini and top with another cup of the tomato mixture.
- Cover with 3 pasta sheets and spread with the rest of the ricotta mixture. Add 1 cup sauce and top with the remaining 3 pasta sheets. Top with the rest of the sauce and cover with grated mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes to finish melting the cheese. After taking the lasagna out of the oven, let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes to firm up.
This recipe for Zucchini Lasagna is one of many wonderful recipes in the Snack Girl’s Recipe Book!