While the holidays bring traditions and holiday baking is definitely a huge part of my holidays, I am also always on the hunt for new recipes to try out.
Coconut Cherry Macaroons
(Gluten Free, Egg Free)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 16 serving
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Nature’s Path Whole O’s™ Cereal
1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut milk, honey, coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and a spatula pulled through leaves a trail. Cool slightly. Fold in cereal and dried cherries.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto prepared pan, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake in middle of the oven; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Tip: This recipe is just as delicious with dried cranberries or apricots.
Recipe shared with permission from Nature’s Path