We have had a couple of weeks now, to figure out our after school routine.
Have YOU figured out an after school routine that works for you and your family?
Once you have found an after school routine that works for you, you will notice that your children may be more calm and have less meltdowns. My son is very prone to meltdowns, he often has a hard time regulating himself, especially when he is tired or has been sitting still for a long time
at school. I have found that when we follow the routine below AND when I ensure that he has had a healthy snack, it helps him be more regulated, which in turn affects our overall family cohesiveness. Predictability and consistency are key with many children. When children know what to expect next, they are able to prepare themselves accordingly, which in turn reduces meltdowns. This applies to children of all ages.
Here is what our after school routine chart looks like MOST nights:
And here is a BLANK after school routine chart for you to print off and use in your family if your routine looks different than ours. Simply click on the chart and learn how you can quickly receive access to ALL of our FREE Printables!
My house is FILLED with picky eaters, so ensuring that my children eat a healthy and balanced after school snack can be a struggle. One product line that I have become quickly enamoured with is the Orange Naturals ND Shakes for the entire family.
Here’s the scoop:
directly from the Orange Naturals website
- Customized multivitamin/mineral for the specific growing needs of children ages 5-12
- 3 grams of easy-to-digest plant protein (yellow pea and brown rice)
- 0.5 grams of fibre
- Chock full of greens and superfruits such as with broccoli, parsley, kale and antioxidant heavyweights like acai, goji and blueberries
- Easy and convenient way to ensure your child is getting the proper nutrients for proper physical and mental development
- Ideal for everyone – from vegans to even the most sensitive individuals (dairy, soy, gluten, eggs and nuts free)
- Available in delicious chocolate or vanilla flavour
- Great tasting and smooth texture
- Contains nothing artificial
I am bound and determined to find a combination of liquid and fruit mixed with the Orange Naturals ND Shakes that my son will eat. Once I do this, I will be confident that my children are receiving a balanced and healthy after school snack.
This quick video shares a bit more information for you:
Disclosure: I am part of the Orange Naturals Mom Ambassador Program and I receive special
perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.