It’s been no secret that I love my smoothies! I have been making smoothies for a number of years now ever since I discovered that my kids would eat spinach if I included it in a smoothie. I often ask my children to help me make smoothies so that they know exactly what is in them, they understand how healthy they are AND if they make them, there is a bigger chance that they will consume them.
My Basic Guildelines When Making a Vitamix Blender Smoothie:
- I start with my liquid (which 99% of the time is Unsweetened Vanilla Flavoured Almond Milk) and fill the pitcher until the blades are fully submerged.
- I add 1-2 handfuls of leafy greens (usually spinach or kale).
- I usually add a scoop of protein powder.
- If I don’t add protein powder, I add a couple of spoonfuls of plain, Greek yogurt.
- I add whatever mixture of frozen berries I feel like (usually 1-2 cups).
- I add a whole banana.
- I work my way up to full speed on my Vitamix blender for 30 seconds.
Using a Vitamix Blender has made making smoothies even more enjoyable!
(Almond milk, banana, spinach, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries protein powder)
(coconut water, banana, protein powder, frozen blueberries, spinach)
(almond milk, banana, plain greek yogurt, frozen mixed berries and dark cherries, kale)
On the weekend, I used a Vitamix Blender to make a Gluten Free Chocolate Cake for my daughter’s 9th birthday. I was VERY impressed with how smooth the cake batter was (made with Quinoa) after blending with the Vitamix blender.
I have used the Vitamix Blender to make a variety of smoothies, homemade waffle batter, Yorkshire Pudding and tomato sauce. Stay tuned for some recipes in the weeks to come. Please also visit MommyMoment.ca for a Homemade LARABAR Recipe using a Vitamix Blender.
Why I LOVE the Vitamix Blender:
- The Vitamix purees my smoothies SMOOTH with no seeds or lumps.
- The Vitamix does the job quickly.
- The Vitamix is versatile.
- The Vitamix is SUPER easy and quick to clean!
See more Smoothie Inspiration on our Pinterest Board:
While you’re here, you may wish to check out some my other recipes!