Starting a few weeks ago now, I began an adventure to a NEW me!
I am taking in information from many sources to help me gain knowledge on how to be healthy and how to live a healthy lifestyle. I am reading about Clean Eating, Protein Intake, various forms of exercise and more. I am getting to know my body so much better by spending some time focusing on me and my needs. It’s time to focus on being the best me I can be so that I can be there for my children and my family.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the resources that has taught me more about my health. Their website has a Heart Age Calculator that you can use in order to determine your Cardiovascular Age.
It’s time for you AND me and all of your family and loved ones to get Heart Healthy. The first step is to use the Heart Age Calculator on the Shoppers Drug Mart website.
Why is the Heart Age Calculator important?
- Knowledge is power when it comes to heart health.
- Heart Disease is one of the leading causes of death in Canada.
- If your heart is aging faster than you are, there are steps you can take NOW to turn back the clock.
When determining your cardiovascular age, there are many factors including your heart age, blood pressure levels, cholesterol, and the presence of risk factors like smoking.
Did You Know…
The Canadian Cardiovascular Society recommends calculating your cardiovascular age and knowing your cardiovascular risk profile to improve management of blood pressure and blood lipids. Research shows that understanding and knowing the cardiovascular age of your heart will lead to better health management.
What is the Heart Age Calculator?
- The Heart Age Calculator is an on line tool that helps Canadians calculate their cardiovascular age and assess their risk of heart attack, stroke or cardiovascular disease within the next 10 years by answering simple lifestyle questions.
- It is the only scientifically validated on line tool available that provides a personalized heart age and cardiovascular risk profile recommended by the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines.
The Heart Age Calculator is very easy to use and it only takes approximately 5 minutes to answer all of the questions required to provide you with an answer.
My result surprised me. Granted, I need to visit my doctor for all of my information to be as accurate as possible, but here are my results after taking the quiz:
This result made me feel very good about myself, but I know that I have a LONG road ahead of me before I can honestly say that I am as healthy as possible.
Shoppers Drug Mart also has some great articles on the following health related topics to help improve your heart health:
- Control Your Cholesterol
- Take Steps to Quit Smoking
- Control Your Blood Glucose
- Reduce Your Blood Pressure
- Understand Your Diabetes Risk
- Manage Your Medication
Here are my goals, with the help from the Heart Age Calculator in order for me to be more Heart Healthy:
It’s time to get Heart Healthy and encourage our fellow Canadians to do the same by taking the test. I’ve done it and now you can to!
Disclosure: – Although this post has been sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect the views, opinions or positions of Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. or its affiliates or licensees. Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. makes no representation as to accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information within this blog post and will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information or for any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.