One morning, my husband called me from work asking me if I had seen the cooler bag in the front hall. I hadn’t noticed it yet but I quickly realized exactly what it was! It was my Rose Reisman Personal Gourmet Frozen Food that had been delivered over night. I was so impressed because not only was the bag packed with a large ice pack, but it was also “locked” shut with a tag that could only be opened with scissors. This way, I would know if the bag had been tampered with, after all, it did contain some yummy food!
In my bag, I received 2 breakfasts (carrot apple loaf with dried fruit and nuts AND buckwheat waffles with carmalized apples, dried cranberries and maple syrup), two lunches (chicken fajitas with sauteed bell peppers, onions, old cheddar and salsa in whole wheat tortilla AND Israeli couscous with basil sauce and grilled chicken with toasted cashews) and two dinners (tex mex flank steak with roasted corn and black bean salsa, homemade bbq sauce and rice pilaf with grilled asparagus AND cheese tortellini with bolognese sauce and parmesan cheese with green beans).
I can’t tell you how excited I was to receive this package. First of all, it meant that I didn’t have to cook for six meals, but it also meant that I could try out some new and HEALTHY food. This was exactly what I needed during my third week of trying to eat healthier as I was starting to feel challenged with what to eat.
There were some meals that I actually couldn’t finish because I was feeling full. This completely surprised me because when you looked at the portion size, it seemed on the smaller size. However, the food was so jam packed with goodness and balanced so well that it was very filling.
I can’t say that I enjoyed one meal above another because honestly, they were all delicious! I was so happy to enjoy a variety of foods that I don’t always cook myself. The week that I sampled these, I felt SO good inside!
Here is what I love about Personal Gourmet Frozen Food:
- They custom portion out your meals according to your BMR Calorie Level
- The meals get delivered right to your door.
- The cooler bags and ice packs get picked up with your next order.
- The containers are recycable.
- The food is simply delicious AND healthy.
- Rose Reisman is a very well known health and wellness expert, media personality, caterer and author of 17 cookbooks. I trust her!
- They offer Healthy Living AND Weightloss Plans
- This service is available for the GTA (see map here)
- This Food service offers FRESH, FROZEN and CORPORATE FOOD options.
- Personal Gourmet consists of healthy, homemade cooking with NO preservatives and NO chemicals!
- The service is very reasonably priced for the quality of food and the service that you receive!
The one comment I must make is that there is no flexibility within each meal choice. So, for example, if you don’t care for a certain vegetable and that is what is offered as the side to a dinner meal, you might not want to select that particular meal. Although there is a HUGE variety of food choices with Personal Gourmet, if you are a picky eater, your choices will be somewhat limited.
I highly recommend this Food Delivery Service if you are trying to eat healthier, if you have a busy schedule and find it challenging to make your own healthy meals or if you are trying to lose weight.
One or more of the products or services mentioned above was provided free of charge, by the manufacturer or a representing PR agency, in the hopes that it would be mentioned on Multi-Testing Mommy. Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. Some posts on Multi-Testing Mommy have been sponsored, see MTM’s Disclosure for more details.