Tackle it Tuesday: Finding Healthy Recipes

I’ve often thought that “healthy recipes” didn’t taste as good as regular ones, but boy was I wrong! I’ve been on a hunt for some healthy recipes to make for myself and my family these past couple of weeks and I am happy to report that I have found some.

As you may or may not know, I’ve been on a “Get Healthy” Challenge using the My Healthy Weight Action Plan on the Heart and Stroke Foundation website. You can read about my experience here and here.

Here are some recipes that I’ve tried out in the last couple of weeks that I believe to be healthy:

Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake
Breakfast “Grab and Go” Cookies
Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes
Sweet and Salty Roasted ChickPeas
Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli Slaw

I’ve also found some great healthy recipe resources:
Heart and Stroke Foundation Recipes
Mairlyn Smith’s “Healthy Cooking with Seasoned Laughter”
Chocolate Covered Katie

Do you have any favourite recipe websites where you like to find healthy recipes? Please share them!

Pin It

Check out Multi-Testing Mommy’s Giveaways

Toy Clearance Sale at chapters.indigo.ca!

21 Responses to Tackle it Tuesday: Finding Healthy Recipes

1. Oh yummy! I love all those recipes, my fav. I’d love to try would be the Biggest Losers Oatmeal pancakes, they look delish and I love how you don’t have to add any flour or butter. This is definitely something I’ll have to try out soon. Great post, girly!

2. I think I am going to have to try the Grab N Go cookies. They really look yummy! Thanks for sharing these.

3. Laural Dawn says:

I have the Spark People recipe app on my blackberry and often use it online. They have the option to put in a food you have on hand and then they pull relevant recipes.
    There’s one recipe I really like. I’ll send it to you.
    Truthfully, I’m so uncreative with my meal planning it’s ridiculous.

4. I like making recipes from cleaneating.com Thanks for the yummy share!

5. C says:

Thanks for sharing! Yum! Clean Eating is a good one πŸ™‚

6. I LOVE roasted chick peas.. if you roast them until they are crunchy enough they are a good “go to” when you crave something crunchy like a chip.

7. Kat says:

I have been searching for some healthy recipes too! I actually started a board on Pinterest for them and plan on trying some of them out this week! Thanks for more recipes to try out!

8. Erika says:

Ooh the Sweet & Sour Chickpeas sound good! They all look good, lol!

9. Mmmmm. The Biggest Loser pancakes sound divine. πŸ™‚ The cookies too. WOW.

10. Thank you so much for sharing! I started my diet again last week and need these great suggestions! The pancakes look divine!

11. Brenda says:

Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake sounds so good! And healthy! Love it!

12. ~*Cee*~ says:

Those Grab and Go cookies look great!! I think they’ll work into the next phase of my diet nicely πŸ™‚

I’m a big “i have an idea – hold on – gotta check Pinterest and see if there’s something there” type.

For everything. I use it more than Google now. (sad?)

13. Annie1 says:

We love making healthy soups! The last one we made in the slow cooker and it was tons of sliced cabbage, celery, carrots, sliced chicken breast and low fat low sodium chicken stock.

Yummy!

Thanks!

RAFFLECOPTER
    NAME
    is
    Anne Taylor

14. Annie1 says:

oh add onion to that ingredient list lol

15. Jennifer L says:

Those all sound pretty healthy and tasty. I am on a healthy recipe mission also. I am thinking I may need another binder for them πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing

16. Anonymous says:

Hey, I’m a college student and I will definitely use these tips for when I cook. I’m not a very good chef and I use way too many resources than I could afford.

So these tips really mean a lot for me, if I could use them. While I was searching for tips, I found this page along with grilling steak

(http://healthythanksgivingrecipes.org/cooking-advice-grilling-steak), so I’ll be ready for cooking this year.
    Thanks for the advice!

17. kathy downey says:

The Sweet and Salty Roasted ChickPeas are delicious

18. salexis says:

mmmm the Sweet and Salty Roasted ChickPeas recipe sounds super good! I love chick peas!

19. salexis says:

20. Debbie White-Beattie says:

I hope the “Get Healthy” Challenge worked for you and I have to say there are a couple of recipes that sound really good like the Sweet and Salty Roasted Chick Peas and the Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes

21. kathy downey says:

I really like the Sweet and Salty Roasted ChickPeas !