Zucchini Bread is one way that I can actually get vegetables into my son! I know it’s not the healthiest way due to the large amount of sugar, but in my opinion, it’s better than nothing 😉 You can substitute half of the zucchini for carrot if you wish in this recipe.
Funny enough, yesterday morning, I made a load of this yummy, moist bread. My son ate a couple of pieces in about 2 minutes flat, asking for more to which he was declined. Then, at lunch, I gave him a small piece and while he was eating it, he remarked, “Mommy pees take off the vegetables from my bread. I don’t yike them.” After a conversation back and forth explaining that it was the same bread as the morning and no, I hadn’t added vegetables to the bread for lunch, he agreed to try it and of course, he gobbled the piece up, again asking for more!
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 grated zucchinis (medium size)
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
- Cream together wet ingredients with sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and blend together just until mixed.
- Pour batter into greased large loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan before trying to remove it otherwise it will fall apart!