Today, I am making my Peach Muffins because I bought little peach cups for my daughter’s lunches and she doesn’t like them so, guess what is going into our muffins?!? You got it, canned peaches!
This recipe can be adapted in many ways to be more or less healthy, depending on what you’ve got in your pantry or what type of muffin you’d like to make
2 Cups Flour
(you can mix this up and add some whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut flour or just use plain old all purpose flour – email me if you’d like to talk to me about how I add in different types of flours into my recipes)
3 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
(or if you’re trying to be sodium conscious, try not adding any salt!)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg Lightly Beaten
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
(you know the trick “melted butter” means you melt the butter first and then measure it, “butter melted” means you measure it the way the recipe calls for it and then melt it)
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chopped fruit
(can be berries, peaches, apples, whatever type of fruit you have on hand)
Would you like to make these into an even more decadent treat? Try adding a sweet topping to your muffins….
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together, flour, baking powder, salt & sugar & chopped fruit.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moist. (Never over mix muffin mixtures or your muffins will be tough!)
- Fill muffin cups
- If you chose to do a topping: Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or toothpick comes out clean