6 Tips for Teething Babies

When your little one is teething, they can be in a lot of pain and it is important to find out something that will help provide them with some relief. Providing comfort for teething is so important so I have come up with my top tips for teething babies to share with you.
teething babies
Tip 1:
Natural remedies – Do your research, as many parents do and find a natural remedy or pain reliever that can help ease some of the pain and inflammation associated with teething and sore gums.

Tip 2:
A rolled up frozen washcloth – This was my “go to” teether when my kids were babies. They loved the cold feeling on their gums and I could have MANY prepared and ready to go whenever one was needed. I stored the rolled up frozen, wet cloths in a glass container with a snap on lid.

Tip 3:
A mesh feeding bag with frozen fruit – Fill one of these self-feeders with any type of frozen fruit or veggie that your little one likes. Not only will they be provided with some comfort from the cold sensation, but they will be able to chew AND receive nutrition all at once.

Tip 4:
Gum massage – Some little ones enjoy getting their gums massaged. Be sure to have very short finger nails and to wash your hands well before putting your fingers in your little one’s mouth.

Tip 5:
Teething jewelry for mom – There are many great options for teething jewelry that Mom can wear. This is another fantastic option as they won’t get lost.

Tip 6:
A variety of teethers – Provide your little one with some options as every type of teether has its benefits. My new favourite one, that I feel is a must have is called the Munch Mitt.
teething babies
This is a very practical teether that you are sure to not misplace or lose, as it fits right onto baby’s hand, providing them with a wonderful chewing experience that will not frustrate them.

Do you have any tips for teething babies that you would like to share?

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 6 Tips for Teething Babies

1. Little Miss Kate says:

My kids have all worn Amber necklaces for teething. That combined with teethers we have made it through teething OK.

2. Heidi C. says:

We were lucky in that our four didn’t seem to be too bothered by teething. I know it can be challenging for some little ones so these are great tips.

3. kristen visser says:

My daughters were okay when it came to teething (our youngest just got 3 in at once) but whenever they were bothering her besides teething rings my daughters really liked a cold wet cloth. would love to try the munch mitt though!

4. Laurie P says:

That Munch Mitt is just brilliant! And a great shower gift!

5. Rogue_Femme says:

Thank you for the recommendations. My nephew is starting to teeth and is a drool machine; I can feel the little nubs in his mouth and he is really struggling, but no teeth yet. I will have to give the washcloth idea a try; and the Munch Mitt looks brilliant!

6. Lynda Cook says:

My youngest granddaughter is going through the teething right now, and I would love to get a hold of that mitt, it’s so awesome!!!

7. Robin says:

That mitt looks like a great idea. Teething babies chew on there fingers already why not make it nicer.

8. Darlene Schuller says:

Ah thank you!! My granddaughter is teething.. Miss Cranky Pants!

9. elizamatt says:

I love the Munch Mitt, what a great idea, always handy when they need to have a good chew 🙂

10. annet says:

My grandson will be teething soon and we already have a munch mitt for him! Other than that we’ll be going through with the chilly things etc. for him to gnaw on!

11. salexis says:

I used the mesh bags with frozen fruit for my little guy!