Up until having a Vitamix Blender, I had only ever made smoothies and drinks using a blender. The Vitamix opens up a world of possibilities!
My friend @GingerheadDad once gave me the label Waffle Queen a few years ago and it has stuck. Back then, I introduced him to my go to Homemade Blueberry Oat Waffles. I’m ok with having the label, actually it makes me feel a bit proud in a funny way!
It took me a LONG time to master making homemade waffles! I have learned a few tricks and many lessons on the path to becoming the “Waffle Queen”.
Feel free to visit my most recent Waffle Adventure making Waffles with Greek Yogurt for added protein!
Tips for Making Homemade Waffles:
- Use a blender to make the mix. I love my Vitamix Blender!
- Preheat your waffle iron for 10 minutes prior to making waffles.
- Always pour in less batter into your waffle iron than you think you will need!
- I like to cook waffles on a lower temperature for 5 minutes.
- When freezing waffles, flash freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet FIRST, then place them into a resealable bag.
- The best way to re-heat waffles is directly from the freezer or fridge to the toaster.
Waffles make such a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love waffles so much that I have been known to enjoy them for a snack. We enjoy our waffles with Pure Maple Syrup or a homemade blueberry sauce that I love to make.
How do you enjoy your waffles?
If you would like to own a Vitamix Blender too, feel free to enter our giveaway that is running until the end of the month: