Two ingredients that I often try hard to cut back on are sugar and fat. When I first heard of Dempster’s ZERO bread with no added fat or sugar, I honestly thought it was too good to be true, but after reading the label and tasting the bread, I now know that what you see is what you get and it tastes GREAT too!
On the weekend, I picked up a loaf of Dempster’s ZERO bread and made my children a fun Olympic and early Valentine’s themed lunch. Children absolutely love it when food is presented to them in a fun and creative manner.
Here is my recipe for French Toast:
- 8 slices of Dempster’s ZERO Bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp oil for pan
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- If you wish, use cookie cutters to cut your bread into fun shapes.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture making sure they are fully covered and soaked.
- Heat small amount of oil (we like coconut oil) in fry pan on medium heat.
- Add french toast to the pan and cook both sides until bread is toasted and golden brown.
I am very excited to share that I have uploaded this recipe to Appehtite.ca where you can find many delicious recipes.
The children loved their delicious French Toast and were very excited about the Olympic rings and heart shapes.
For more photos of this fun food idea, visit my page on Google Plus.