Have you even seen fancy ribbon tape or washi tape rolls and not known exactly what they are used for?
Decorative tapes have a variety of uses. Today, I am sharing just one craft idea that requires decorative tape for Valentine’s Day.
- decorative tape
- Think about the size of heart you would like to make and cut decorative tapes to a slightly larger width than the desired outcome.
- Cut a piece of card stock in a rectangle or square shape and stick the tape in rows.
- Continue sticking tape down in rows until they cover a square shape.
- You know you are finished when the entire piece of card stock is covered.
- Trim the edges of your shape.
- Fold paper in half (hamburger fold if rectangle) and draw a half heart shape. Cut out the heart shape and voila!
These hearts would make a beautiful Valentine’s Day card on their own or a decoration for a door or wall. You could also punch a small hole in the top, tie a string and hang them as a beautiful decoration. To add even more pizazz, you could make them double sided!