Xbox 360 Kinect and My Family

Yesterday, I posted about how I was wrong about not wanting a gaming console in our house. I should have been more open minded about the whole thing!

The only thing now that I wonder about is how much money this system is going to end up costing us! From the unit to the controllers, to the extra hard drive, a keyboard for the controllers and then the game, oh the games!

At least I can look into deals like GameStop Coupons to help the financial hit of this system be a bit more reasonable! Maybe I could find a used game or free coupons that are for something I will actually use is always a good thing!

We have only bought 3 games so far: Lego Star Wars (you can guess who that one was for!), Zumba and Dance, Dance Revolution. Funny enough, we have spent more money on my games than my hubbies and I was the one that was against the silly thing in the first place.

Have I mentioned lately how much I am loving being active using the XBox 360?! I don’t like playing sports and I can’t run, but Zumba in my own living room, I can handle that! And even though Dance, Dance Revolution is marked for 10+, my 3 year old loves to listen to the music and go crazy on the mat and my 6 year old is actually competing with me! What a fun family activity. I just need to get myself another DDR so that we can change up the songs a bit.

Maybe there will be a special for Xbox games on a site like CouponCodes4u, funnier things have been known to happen!

Meanwhile, I will continue to ask my friends who own an Xbox 360 Kinect to give me suggestions for what games are out there that are good for young children or to get exercise, because recommendations are always good! Do you have a recommended game that you would like to share? Please leave a comment to let me know.

Pin It
Check out Multi-Testing Mommy’s Giveaways

26 Responses to Xbox 360 Kinect and My Family

1. My nephews have this and we played Wipeout. It was really fun and I was sweating for sure! They also have the black eyed peas dance game and if you like the BEP its fun!

2. Sober Julie says:

My girls really want this but it’s difficult to justify when we have 2 gaming systems already. You just gave me another reason to buy!!

3. Heather says:

You lucky! That sounds great for exercise– have the Wii and Zumba but haven’t done it yet:) My eldest has an XBox, but all sporting games mainly. I’ll ask him and let you know…

4. I wish I could help but, I’m with Julie. I want to buy it now. I’ve only heard great things.

5. Nicole says:

We just bought Kinect and I can’t wait to try out Just Dance 3. Looks so fun!

6. Christine says:

Wow! I want one of those! We just have a PS2 and I pretty much just do DDR on it. We’re sooooo behind the times! LOL! I take Zumba classes a few times a week. I’d love to do Zumba and other fun dance games on a new gaming system!

7. esahm says:

I love the Zumba game. I play it on our wii. Video games are a lot more fun now that you can be active and workout with them instead of just sitting there pushing buttons. I haven’t tried Dance, Dance Revolution yet, but it looks like fun from the commercials.

8. Oh, I want to try!! Sounds like fun! Maybe an idea to rotate games with others. You could borrow games from each other for a month or two at a time. You get to try new games and when you get your own back it’s “fun again” because it’s been a while since you used it.

9. Katrina Brady says:

We don’t have the connect just the regular x-box. Wasn’t sure about getting it as we have the Wii and a PS3 too…ugh so many systems lol

10. Deanna T. says:

It’s not a Kinect game but Viva Pinata is fun for the younger ones (hubby and 4yo are actually downstairs playing it right now).

11. Aeryn Lynne says:

I have a Wii, so as much as I’d love to get an Xbox with Kinect, it’s just not in the cards yet. :/ I have seen great prices for them at Shoppers Drug Mart though! Maple Leaf Mommy mentioned recently that some SDMs are taking the electronics out of their stores, so maybe check to see if you can get a really good deal at the one by you! 🙂

12. Laural Dawn says:

We have a wii – and we have the xbox but no kinnect.
    Mike got Just Dance (2 or 3). I enjoy it, but holy crap my kids and nieces love it!!! (it may be like DDR – I’m not sure).
    And, as much as I enjoy it, quite possibly the funniest thing ever is watching hubby and Matt battle it out in a dance competition. I am usually in tears watching them with their “gaming faces” and dancing their hearts out. We give Chloe her own non-working remote and she dances along with them.
    I love it!
    PS You could totally run 🙂

13. Laural Dawn says:

Also, we are all about buying the used games whenever possible. We’ve gotten a lot of cheap kids’ games (like under $10). I always check when I go to EB games.
    I bought my sister Dancing with the Stars for wii for $5 used at EB games. Amazing.

14. Once I do get enough money saved, I’ll definitely be getting both the Zumba and Just Dance, I’ve heard nothing but great reviews on both!

15. We LOVE the Lego games because if the characters “dies” they just get rebuilt and the game continues, no frustrating situations where you have to restart the level. Lots of fun for the entire family!

16. Canadian Dad says:

I don’t have a 360 as I’m a Playstation guy myself but my kids love the Wii. I actually find the ages they put on those games to be pretty conservative as my 3 year has a whole list of games he loves to play and does pretty good at.

17. Jennifer L says:

We have the Wii and we love it. I didn’t want a game console that would have the kids stuck on the couch. Thanks to you I have Zumba also 🙂

18. Hi Multi-Testing Mommy! I didn’t want a game system with these second set of kids of mine..I had fear of all that violence..we got one anyway and we all play together as family all the time and have lot’s of fun..even with my teens:) I like what you said about being open minded..sometimes our fears can hold us back even from good things:(
    Great Post:)
    Blessings

19. MS Do says:

I don’t have any kind of game system and don’t want one either. My child and I have enough electronic distractions in our lives.

20. It sounds like so much fun. I have the old x-box not the new one. I think, I will have to ask DH. I know it’s not the 360.

21. mamawee says:

I am not a huge gaming fan, but my hubby is….sounds like your having fun with it though!

SASS

22. Farah says:

We have an xbox but not Kinect… wasn’t sold on it until you just mentioned zumba im my living room lol. Im sold!

SASS

23. Great game choices! I don’t have an XBox, but I was a DDR addict on PS2. I burned quite a few calories that way!

As for the lego games, they are brilliant. I adore them, they’re fun for kids and adults.

(visiting from SASS)

Thanks!

24. Deanna T. says:

I can’t wait to see your list of games you’ve tried out, in say a few months or weeks. Looking forward to your opinion. – SASS

25. You will have to let us know what games you love. I was thinking of getting a Zumba game for the wii, but was not sure how I would like it.