This post has been written as part of #CanadianCookies Blog Event. To find out more about the event, please click on the button below. You can even link up your favourite recipes!
Cherry Shortbread Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped, mixed red and green glazed cherries
2 oz chocolate, melted
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a parchment paper lined 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- In saucepan, heat condensed milk and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally until bubbly.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add vanilla.
- Pour onto shortbread base and spread evenly.
- Bake again for approximately 20 minutes or until bubble and light brown.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate and put into the fridge until set.
- Cut into squares