Congratulations to Commenter #68 Rae T.!
In our house, we consume drinks that require straws on a daily basis. Not so much the adults in the house, but definitely the children! I really didn’t like the fact that we were going through SO many disposable straws. I try to be as environmentally conscious whenever I can!
I had seen Glass Dharma straws pop up here and there all over the internet recently and I was extremely happy to be able to give them a try in our family!
We received a variety of shapes and sizes to try out and we love every single one of them.
Here is what I found:
- SO much better for the environment
- easy to clean using the appropriate cleaning brushes (aren’t always included with the straws, sometimes sold separately)
- come in a variety of sizes, shapes and styles to meet many different needs and uses
- they have a lifetime guarantee!
- I learned that when I use a straw to drink, I use my teeth and so I had to adjust how I drink with a straw because I really didn’t like the feeling of glass on my teeth. My hubby thinks I’m nuts for this, as he doesn’t drink this way. Maybe I should do a poll!
- The storage of glass straws is slightly more difficult than disposible straws and therefore they are slightly less accessible, but the benefits FAR outweigh the costs on this point!
The benefits of using glass straws far outweigh ANY costs!
Glass Dharma straws come in such a variety of shapes and sizes including the perfect size for child sized drinks and even jumbo, thick smoothies! They come with decorative dots as well as bent. All of their straws come in a choice of diameter as well as length.
I have used our glass straws with my 2 and 6 year old and let’s just say that they are durable. NO, we haven’t thrown them across the kitchen, but we haven’t treated them like super delicate glass either, let’s face it, kids will be kids no matter what you tell them! I explained to them that we are using glass straws that could break if we aren’t careful enough. We always sit while we are drinking, but my 2 year old does like to play with his straws, this has become a bad habit.
I am SO glad to have been introduced to Glass Dharma straws!
Would you like to win a $25 Gift Certificate towards your own Glass Dharma Straws?
This giveaway is open to Canadian and US residents only.
This giveaway closes on Monday May 16th, 2011 at 11:59, 2011.
REQUIRED ENTRY: Please remember to leave your email address!
- Follow @MultiTestingMom on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in comments)
- Like Multi-Testing Mommy on Facebook (leave your Facebook name in comments)
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: (each entry counts 1 time, with the exception of TWEETS which count once per day)
- Subscribe to my feeds
- Follow me Publicly on Google Friend Connect (see my side bar) or tell me you already do
- Tweet this contest:
#win $25 gift certificate towards Glass Dharma Glass straws! @MultiTestingMom (5/16) #giveaway http://ow.ly/4yGSM
(each Tweet equals one entry–you may tweet once each day, please leave link to your tweet)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog/website and leave me a link to your post in the comments section (the post doesn’t have to be just about this contest, you can simply mention it at the beginning or ending of a post)
- Put my button on your sidebar/website (4 entries)
For more of Multi-Testing Mommy’s Giveaways, go here!
Products for review are provided free of cost to Multi-Testing Mommy by the manufacturer or a representing PR agency. Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way.