This time of year brings all sorts of new routines for families. New wake up times, new activities, new eating schedules and new bedtime routines. This can be a hard adjustment for many children.
Night time routines are one of the most important routines to figure out early on in the school year. They are what set children up for good sleep and for feeling well rested throughout the school day in order to maximize their academic and social success.
But, sleep and night time routines do not come easily for everyone. Some children are very resistent to sleep and some schedules do not allow for a structured and consistent night time routine.
Here are 3 tips to help you settle into a good night time routine for this school year:
- Try to be consistent – this is important with the timing and activities in your night time routine.
- Have some wind down time – try to make your night time routine calm and quiet. This will help your child settle into a calmer state, which will help them get to sleep faster.
- Have a plan in place for the nights that are busier than others – whether it be additional homework or a night filled with extra-curricular activities, there will be some nights where you cannot stick to your usual timing. It is important to have a plan for these nights too so that your child is aware of the expectations in place in order to get them to bed as quickly and effectively as possible.
If your child does have trouble settling down at night, Orange Naturals has a fantastic, natural product called Focus for Kids and Sleep Tight for Kids.
- Helps promotes healthy sleep and wake cycles in children
- Calming and relaxing formula
- Relieves sleeplessness and an overactive mind
- No artificial flavours
- Liquid format is simple to administer and absorbs quickly
- Non drowsy and no dependency
- Safe, gentle and non-toxic
- Great tasting- in a glycerin base kids will love
Giveaway Disclaimer: By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win, your contact information
will be shared with Orange Naturals for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the
contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #ONatural Mom Ambassador program. However, to be
fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be
selected. All winners must be from within Canada.