How do your children keep themselves entertained on road trips? Kids can have a hard time sitting still with nothing to do when in the car, so often some entertainment is needed to avoid the question “Are We There Yet?” from being asked too often.
My kids always pack what we call a “goody bag” (a name taken from my childhood) that has a variety of activities including paper, crayons, games, books and more. We also have a “movie bag” that holds our portable DVD players, headphones and dvds. Typically we offer the children the opportunity to watch one movie when on a road trip in order to help time pass a little faster. The kids are older now and are able to set themselves up with a movie independently, however, I still do worry about the volume of their players hurting their ears. I used to ask for them to pass up their headphones for me to verify that they were at an acceptable and safe volume, but I no longer have to do that when they use their ETY•Kids® safe listening earphones. They are designed and constructed for children.
ETY•Kids earphones seal the ears so volume levels stay safer. With an adequate seal plus the safe sound output of ETY•Kids earphones, parents are assured their kids are listening safely.
These earphones come with an assortment of ACCU•Fit™ ear tips in order to ensure a tight and proper fit in the ear as well as a handy bag to store them. They cost $39, which in my opinion is an alright price to pay for healthy ears. My kids love the comfort of these earphones and have used them on a few road trips already without complaint. In our house, they have been kid and Mom approved!
Other Road Trip Entertainment for Kids:
- Pack lots of portable snacks! Healthy snacks are wonderful AND important, but it is always a good idea to pack a treat or two as well, you never know when you might need one!
- Car games are fun and can keep children occupied for hours. Simple games like pointing out letters on license plates to going through the alphabet listing words or names that start with each letter to Hangman are always fun.
- Pack some books or magazines that your children have not read in a while.
- Listen to Music! Whether it is CDs for the whole family to enjoy or iPods for the kids, make sure you have a variety of music to keep everyone happy and entertained. ETY•Kids® Earphones will give your children the opportunity to listen to their own music while the adults listen to their own.
- Make up a family story together. Have each person add a word, a thought or a sentence to the story. To make it even more exciting, make a small bag with objects in it. Pass the bag from person to person as it is their turn and encourage them to use that item in the story. Young children may not be able to add too many words, but they could even do an action with their item OR it could serve as a prompt for them.