My neighbour and I had a great time making this DIY inexpensive teacher gift together!
The idea started off with using yellow pencils, but quickly ended up with buttons as cutting the pencils seemed like too much of a last minute challenge for us to undertake.
- an inexpensive picture frame from the Dollar Store
- card stock
- hot glue
- Cut a piece of cardstock (or nice scrapbooking paper) to fit the picture frame. (We used a 5×7 sized frame)
- Find a printable block monogram letter. Re-size it to fit your frame, print it and cut it out.
- Use hot glue to glue the buttons onto the letter.
- Have your child sign the cardstock
- Place the letter inside the frame.
- Use a permanent marker to write a personal note on the back of the frame. Be sure to include the year!
Do you have any easy, inexpensive “make your own” Teacher Gifts?