I had been seeing #soapnuts pop up all over Twitter recently so I was very excited to try them out! Drool Boutique was kind enough to send me a bag of #soapnuts to try out and I very glad that they did!
At first, I was a bit skeptical! How could a tiny “berry”, “nut”, round shell that grows on a tree, clean my laundry? After all, when you open up the bag, they do have a slight unique smell and who wants their laundry smelling like that? BUT WAIT! because it doesn’t! SERIOUSLY! It really doesn’t. Honest, I don’t lie.
So, I’ve been trying out my #soapnuts for about a month now and I have to say that I am convinced! I’m convinced that they work–they clean my clothes, sheets, towels, etc. I definitely know that they are super for the environment because after you are done with them, they are compostable and there are no plastic bottles to be recycled!
I’ve washed with hot water, warm water and cold water. With the cold water, you just have to “activate” them in 1/4 cup of hot water prior to throwing them into your laundry load.
I love how you can reuse the same bunch of #soapnuts more than once!
So, here are the pros and cons, laid out simply for you:
- very cost effective way to do laundry
- cleans your laundry effectively
- much, much better for the environment (water system, less waste, no garbage/recycling)
- leaves your clothing feeling clean and soft!
- the #soapnuts have a unique smell coming out of the bag when you first get them and put them into your mini bag to go into the laundry, but–they DON’T smell after getting wet and they don’t make your laundry smell–I PROMISE!
Products for review are provided free of cost to Multi-Testing Mommy by the manufacturer or a representing PR agency. Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way.