At the end of February, my family (myself, my husband, my five month old and my parents) are travelling to California for a wedding. We plan to attend the wedding in Santa Barbara and then drive to Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and then end up in Phoenix.
Many moms that I have been speaking with have all reassured me that ‘this is
the BEST time to travel with a baby’ and that we will be just fine.
I am however skeptical – maybe it’s the scientist in me (I have a background in environmental chemistry).
Here’s what’s been going through my mind…
What is flying like with a baby?
- Can I bring the car seat on the plane?
- What about our stroller?
- Can I breastfeed while taking off and landing?
- How will people react if our LO cries the whole way?
- What items are a must to bring with me on board?
Should I wait to introduce solids until after we return? My LO has already started to stare at us intently as we eat!
- If we have already started her on solids, what will I need to bring?
- How will I wash and sterilize items?
What should I pack? After all, we’re going to be traversing several climates from what I’ve read.
Am I crazy to bring a baby to Vegas? We don’t gamble – it’s more just to see what it’s all about.
I have other questions too but these are a few that are at the front of my mind currently.
I anxiously await your thoughts and opinions!