My online journey has come to end, but for me, this is just the beginning of a life long journey to health and happiness.
|Start Weight: 190 pounds||Starting BMI: 28.9|
|End of Week 1: 185 pounds||End of Week 1 BMI: 28.1|
|End of Week 4: 179 pounds||End of Week 4 BMI: 27.2|
|End of Week 8: 175 pounds||End of Week 8 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 11: 175 pounds||End of Week 11 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 14: 175 pounds||End of Week 14 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 17: 175 pounds||End of Week 17 BMI: 26.6|
|End of Week 20: 172 pounds||End of Week 20 BMI: 26.1|
|End of Week 23: 171 pounds||End of Week 23 BMI: 26.0|
|End of Week 24: 171 pounds||End of Week 24 BMI: 26.0|
So, I didn't meet my end goal for these six months, but I certainly did come close! In hind sight, I'm not sure I would have necessarily set a numerical goal so much as actual goals that I wanted to achieve like:
- Drink my daily recommended amount of water every day.
- Snack on healthier foods.
- Decrease my caffiene intake.
- Engage in a regular exercise routine.
- Learn how to indulge in a small treat while keeping my will power and self control in check.
- Consistently have smaller portion sizes for my main meals.
If I had specifically laid out these goals, I would be able to share the happy news that I am almost there with regards to meeting them!
For the past six months, I have been using the Heart and Stroke's Healthy Weight Action Plan, in order to help me achieve a healthy life style.
By using this online tool, I have been able to easily track (by hand or online) the foods that I eat, the times that I eat and the breakdown of how items from each category I consume in a meal or day. I can also track how I am feeling each day and the amount and type of exercise that I accomplish. The My Healthy Weight Action Plan Tool has helped to motivate me and guide me to becoming a healthier individual.
This Getting Healthy Journey couldn't be possible without:
- The Healthy Weight Action Plan from the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- My supportive family and friends.
- My online readers and friends.
- Wearing my pedometer every day.
- My drive to want to feel and be healthy for myself and for my family.
I am very thankful that the Heart and Stroke Foundation contacted me to start this journey! It was the final push that I needed to kick start this plan to get healthier that I've had for a few years now! I had no more excuses; it was time for me to start!
Ok, your turn. Do you have any wisdom for me in order to keep me on this "Getting Healthy Journey"
Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM's Disclosure for more details.