It seems like laundry is never ending and there is not a point in thinking I'll ever get caught up.
Having a family with young children means laundry piles up quickly! The biggest challenge isn't the washing or the drying; for me, it's the folding and putting away.
About a month and a half ago, I started a new laundry system in my house. I have assigned everyone their own day. This way, if they are wanting a specific outfit clean, they know when to make sure it is in their laundry basket. This allows for more efficient folding and putting away!
I only do laundry (the washing and drying part) at night time, after 7pm as that is when it is least expensive as we are on Smart Meters. Are you on smart meters? Do you worry about what time of day you do your laundry at?
Just like many organized systems, there are pros and cons to this daily laundry schedule:
- I find this system easier to stay on top of.
- Folding, organizing and putting away is a much more efficient process.
- Everyone has a laundry basket in their own room so no more overflowing laundry baskets.
- I MUST stay on top of folding and putting away otherwise people complain that they have no socks and underwear left! This system keeps me focussed.
- If I am out one night for an event or to be social, I miss someone's laundry night and I have to scramble to get back on track.
- For young children, waiting a whole week for their favourite outfit to be washed is a LONG time!
- Because each person only has ONE day a week, they have to wait a whole week to be restocked with clothing. If Mommy is a bit slow in the folding/putting away side of things, drawers can get a bit bare.
This new system is still a work in progress, but so far, I am liking it. It is working for me. I'm hoping that the rest of my family gets on board with me soon!
What about you? Do you have a laundry system?
Feel free to check out Tales of Mommyhood's Laundry Secret!
Multi-Testing Mommy was provided with promotional materials free of charge, by the manufacturer or a representing PR agency, in the hopes that it would be mentioned on this blog. Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM's Disclosure for more details.