This post is written as part of a journey inspired by the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s My Healthy Weight Action Plan, an online tool geared towards helping you live a healthier life. Feel free to get caught up on previous posts: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
Health Update: For those of you who are new to these posts, I’ve been fighting off pneumonia for the past couple of weeks. I’m finally starting to feel better and I just finished the antibiotics this weekend. I am happy to announce that although I did fall off the healthy eating horse (slightly) last week, I was able to jump back on board this week. As far as exercise goes, unfortunately this was another exercise free week. This week, I plan on getting back into exercising as I am feeling rather guilty for not doing it for 2 weeks.
Start Weight: 190 pounds
End of Week 1: 185 pounds
End of Week 2: 183 pounds
End of Week 3: 182 pounds
End of Week 4: 179 pounds
Starting BMI: 28.9
End of Week 1 BMI: 28.1
End of Week 2 BMI: 27.8
End of Week 3 BMI: 27.7
End of Week 4 BMI: 27.2
My goal is to reach a normal BMI which would be 24.9 (the top of what is considered a “normal” BMI) at 164 pounds and from there, I plan to reassess.
I am very happy with my steady weight loss. I find myself stepping on the scale a few times a week because I need to see how I am progressing. I don’t know if this is a good way of doing things, but I figure if I’m motivated by the numbers on the scale, it is ok to continue using the scale as a motivator.
My main motivator is the FREE online Heart and Stroke Foundation My Healthy Weight Action Plan Tool. When I started going off course with my eating because I was really sick, I stopped recording my eating habits and I actually felt guilty for that. Then, when I started recording using the on line tracking tool, I found myself not wanting to record the food that I felt guilty for eating. What did this accomplish? I was just cheating myself.
I have really liked the fact that I can also track how I am feeling each day. This allows me to go back, view whether or not I engaged in physical activity and if I didn’t, I can remember why.
This Week’s Challenges:
- I didn’t exercise at all because I was still short of breath and lethargic from the pneumonia (how pathetic do I sound?).
- We made sugar cookies for Valentine’s Day and it was very challenging to not go back to my old habits of eating the batter and indulging in the cookies afterwards. I did have a few cookies throughout the weekend, but I felt ok having a small treat.
- Because I was more tired this week, I drank more coffee than I have been lately.
- Hubby and I ordered take out on Friday night. It was hard to find something that was ok for me to eat, but luckily I did (super thin crust pizza with light sauce and cheese and all veggies). Not awesome, but much better than my other options!
This Week’s Smiles:
- I drank A LOT of water. Not only is it good for my body, it also really helped to fill me up when I was wanting to snack.
- I am starting to feel more confidence in my body. It’s baby steps, but because I can feel the results of my weight loss, boy does it ever feel good!
- I continued to drink hot lemon water every morning which helped with my water intake and digestion.
- I pre-washed and cut veggies that I bought so that they were easy to grab when I was hungry OR when I needed something to add to my dinner!
- I am really enjoying my protein shakes. They fill me up and I love the taste (am I a freak for this?).
Goals for Next Week:
- Exercise! Do Zumba at least once and DDR at least twice.
- Continue telling myself that “I deserve to be healthy.”
- Continue to find healthy recipes.
- Continue my hunt for a protein bar that I feel good about eating for a snack (low in calories, fat and sugar).
Check out the healthier recipes I’ve found: Brussel Sprout and Broccoli Slaw Individual Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake (Breakfast) Breakfast “Grab and Go” Cookies Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes Sweet and Sour Roasted Chickpeas Here are some healthy recipe websites and blogs that I have found this week: www.heartandstroke.com www.busybuthealthy.com www.skinnytaste.com Here are the Blog Hops if you are interested in checking them out:
Opinions expressed belong to Multi-Testing Mommy and are NOT influenced in any way. See MTM’s Disclosure for more details.