Thanks to my friend, @LauralDawn, I tried out this amazing recipe the yesterday. I’ve made a few small changes to the original recipe and am so excited to be adding this to our breakfast repertoire. For breakfast, I had 4 strawberries, 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1/2 of one of these “cakes”. Yummy!
Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake from Chocolate Covered Katie
The cake serves one – but I split mine in half.
Here are my changes to the original recipe.
- I only put in 1 tsp of maple syrup and it tasted perfecto (and I have a HUGE sweet tooth!
- I only added a pinch of salt – next time I will try none.
- I used milk as the liquid of choice.
- I put in only 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips.
- I put in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon – for its health benefits and taste.
- I couldn’t get a huge crisp on mine, but I broiled at the end on low. Next time, I will try high like Katie suggests.
- Be sure to really grease your ramkins well!
See the following link for more specific Nutritional Information using Katie’s original recipe.